You have more and more decisions to make due to the increasing number of choices the Internet gives you.
Imagine how busy your readers are.
This post is for people with busy readers, readers too busy to read your blog posts.
That means this post is for you.
According to CoSchedule, reading information on the Internet takes 25% longer than reading it on the printed page. However, your readers don’t have 25% more time.
Your goal has to be to create the maximum amount of information but format it in a way that will take less time to read.
Research shows that when people land on a post, they rarely make it all the way down the page. Most people don’t even make it halfway.
That means your bounce rate is higher than it has to be. Readers will bounce right off your page and land on another page, on another blog.
How many other choices will they have?
[bctt tweet=”2015 statistics state there are over 450 million blogs. This article will keep your readers on your blog.”]
This post is designed to stop them from leaving, no matter how busy they are, no matter how many choices they have.
How to Keep Busy Readers Reading Your Blog
- Write Short Headings and Subheads Your headings should be a minimum of four words and a maximum of eight words. When you tag your post, you use key words. Make sure you use those key words in your headings.
- Write Short Lists Bullet the list if the sequence is not important. Use a numbered list if it is.
- Write a Short Introduction Your introduction should be one sentence long that states the point of your post.
- Write Short Sentences Your sentences should not be longer than 25 words.
- Write Short Paragraphs Your first sentence should be one sentence long. Your second paragraph should be no more than two sentences long. If your other paragraphs are longer than three sentences, they are too long; break them down into smaller chunks.
- Write a Short Conclusion Your last paragraph should not be longer than 50 words.
- Write a Short Post CouchPotahto offers five-line movie reviews. Have content with only one key point. According to CoSchedule‘s Julie Neidlinger, “Scanning a small paragraph is easier than a long one.”
- Write a Post with a Short Main Idea Complex topics generally are written in longer posts which would take longer to read.
- Write Headings If readers are in rush, they can just read the headings as if they were reading an outline. What is important is that they get to the bottom in order to share the article with their followers.
- Write Your Best Tip First Your readers will be more inclined to stick around if you start strong.
- Put Important Elements on the Left This helps readers who read left to write. If you have readers that read right to left, put the important elements on the right.
- Use Bold This should be followed by text that isn’t bold.
- Use Infographics Readers process information in visuals quicker than text.
- Use Graphics Text that is too close together slows readers down. Breaking text up with graphics expedites their reading.
- Use Quotes The change in formatting makes it easier to skim your information, keeping readers on your post longer.
Are you too busy to count your words and sentences? Your readers are busy too. Blogging is about helping them.
So, help them. You will meet their needs if you follow the tips in this post.
[bctt tweet=”This post is designed to stop readers from leaving, no matter how busy they are.”]
You will stop them– if you take the advice in this post.
Readers, before you go, please share, so other bloggers have this list of how to help their busy readers.
Bloggers, did I miss any? Any other tips for helping busy people read blogs? Any you disagree with? I look forward to your views.
23 Absolute Best Blogging Apps For Android (All Are FREE)Are you one of the many who spend a lot of time on mobile device these days? If yes, you should be using some of the awesome apps that can help you get the best from blogging. Click here to check out 23 Absolute Best Blogging Apps For Android. Yes, they are all completely FREE to download, install and start using today.
Powered by Kingged.com
Where Quality Content Is King!