Not having error-free writing: Awkward.
How do you even define error free?
While coaching, a client asked me how she could improve her blog.
She seemed to focus her questions on her content and graphics.
My awkwardness stemmed from my awareness of the real problem: the mechanics of the writing.
Do I tell her?
I decided to take the leap. After all, she’d paid me to help her improve the quality of her blog.
When I gently pointed out the mechanical errors, there was an awkward silence.
She didn’t know how to respond, and I didn’t know how to ease her obviously wounded feelings.
Fortunately, today’s guest author works for a company that makes a grammar tool to improve writing. She offers 10 tips for error-free writing.
Writer Liz Patrone wrote the following in her article After Page One:
How hard could writing really be?
The truth is writing is heartbreaking.
It’s other things too: exhausting, humbling, tedious, painful, addictive, consuming, annoying.
It calls my name in the middle of the night now, waking me from the first deep sleep I’ve had in months and insisting I put pen to paper only to have the words elude me when I rise.
It teases me with promises of fulfillment just to leave me aching. And even when the words are flowing and things are at their best, it still brings me back to where I was…: a little sweaty, a little uncomfortable, my heart thumping away in my ears.
Top 10 Tips for Error-Free Writing
Writing is a kind of skill that requires creative ideas and great command over grammar. If you have both at the same time, no one can deny you are a good writer. But if you are poor in grammar, it makes it tough to convey your ideas in an understandable way.
If you have been making mistakes in writing, do not let this cause you stress since this skill takes time to build up. You can seek help from Write My Essay companies. They will proofread and edit your paper so that not a single mistake is left in it. You don’t have to worry about the literacy of your assignment.
Tips for Error-Free Writing
- You must use the help of online grammar check tools since they remove various types of mistakes from your text. Generally, people make mistakes like s/es, singular/plural, formatting, other spelling-related errors, etc. These tools have been designed in a way to detect these kinds of mistakes within no time. These mistakes are minor, but sometimes they change the meaning of the whole sentence.
- Keep reading since reading lets you know how to assemble different types of thoughts beautifully. Error-free writing is not all about noun, verb, pronoun, active-passive related mistakes, but more than that. To correct these types of mistakes, reading will offer you excellent examples of how to construct sentences. Sentence construction is something that requires time and effort to learn. You need to pay attention to how strong writers arrange different types of clauses in the form of one sentence.
- Have a habit of proofreading after writing. It does not only make you able to detect the mistakes, but also increase your knowledge regarding grammar.
- In order to write error free, you need to organize your ideas before writing. When you are clear about what you want to write, the chances of mistakes occurring diminish.
- Always use tools that allow you to focus on writing. Many writing tools are distracting and will interfere with your focus. Go with a simply designed tool that will not disrupt your writing flow. It requires understanding that writing requires concentration. When you write without getting disturbed, it leads towards not making mistakes.
- Next, you need to assess weak points that lead toward making mistakes. If you pick your weak points and do a bit more homework to understand how to overcome them, it can help you a great deal to mastering sophisticated writing.
- Keep in mind that you are writing. You need to encourage yourself all the time while sitting and writing.
- Take a rest and put your piece of writing in a draft. You may not be able to detect the mistakes just after writing. Check it later. The in-between gap prepares your brain to examine the writing in a better way.
- Do not use the same word many times in the same content. It does not leave a good impression on your readers.
- Try to write sentences that are simple and concise. It keeps you and your reader from getting confused.
Author: Sae Kyung
Wrapping Up: Error Free Writing
Host Blogger’s Comments:
I introduced this post by quoting from a frustrated writer. Her words showed insight only those of us who write (or try to write) can understand.
I’d like to conclude this post by sharing how Liz concluded her article on the frustrations of writing:
This is exactly why we have to do this. Because the things that pull us apart and put us back together again in a whole different way make us into something so much bigger in the end than the sum of all our shattered pieces.
So we simply must write, even though the doing so will likely break our hearts. We must write until the opening onto the paper becomes both a source of pain and a relief from it. And only when we set the words free, so do we set ourselves.
Readers, please share. Other writers will feel understood by Liz’s words and empowered by Sae’s tips.
What was your reaction to Liz’s words? Raw? Painful? Uplifting? All of the above? Are there any of Sae’s tips that you struggle with more than the others?
I look forward to your answers in the comments section.
This post was about how to achieve error-free writing. For information about writing services, custom, qualified writing help is available at Custom Writings.
How to avoid incremental plagiarism in your writing.
How to Improve Your Blog Writing Now: 7 Simple Tips
This post focused on the mechanics of writing. If you need to improve your content, follow this 9-step plan to boost your writing techniques while maintaining error-free writing.
Error-Free Writing Frequently Asked Question
Why is error free writing important?
Readers won’t understand your writing if it contains errors. Therefore, error-free writing is important for clarity. Next, error-free writing makes a good impression. You wouldn’t show up to a fancy party with dirty, torn clothes, so don’t produce writing with errors. They both make bad impressions. Produce error-free writing and put your best foot forward.