If all the pieces fit together perfectly, you have success. Do you know what the pieces are that comprise a successful blog?
By following the advice in this post, you will be able to expedite your blogging since you will have a checklist of effective criteria at hand.
Not only will your blogging be quicker, it will be more successful since the tips in this post are based on proven methods.*
How to Build the Perfect Blog
1. Write Your Headline.
- Check to make sure it contains a keyword. The keyword of my headline is “blog”.
- Check to make sure your headline is a list or a “how to”. My headline is a “how to”. Your headline can be a question as well. Questions make great hooks.
- Check to make sure your headline sounds positive. According to CoSchedule Headline Analyzer, posts with positive words get shared more on social media. The “positive” word in my headline is “perfect.”
- Check to make sure your headline is 55-65 characters long.
2. Write your introduction.
- Is the first sentence a stand-alone sentence? Did you indent again afterward?
- Do you have a hook that will enable readers to think you understand their feelings?
- Is your keyword (see #1 bullet #1) in the introduction? The word “blog” is in my introduction.
- Do you have an internal link back to another post in your introduction? The earlier your internal links are in your post, the more likely it is that they will be read. While my internal link is not in my introduction, it is early in the body of this post.
3. Write the body.
- Are your points backed by research? Notice, I have already cited CoSchedule as a reference.
- Is your second paragraph no more than two sentences?
- Are all your sentences a maximum of 25 words?
- Are your paragraphs a maximum of 3 sentences?
- Did you write something shocking? It is a good idea to include something unique that is backed by research.
My post 4 Ways to Make Your Blog Posts Go Viral explained there are only four criteria to writing a post that has unusually high page views, and one of them is that there must be at least one shocking fact in your post. All my posts that went viral had that criteria.
- Does your post help your reader solve a problem? This post helps my readers solve the problem of how to put together the elements of a successful blog.
- Did you repeatedly mention your keyword in the blog post? Notice I just wrote “blog” again, which is my keyword.
- Is your post between 1,000 and 1,500 words? This will help search engines to find your blog. (Do as I say, not as I do. This post is only 795 words. However, my posts normally are at least 1,000 words.)
- Does your post end with at least one question that your reader will feel compelled to answer in the comment section? In blogging lingo this is called “a call to action.”
4. Did you proofread your post and make any corrections necessary?
5. Did you include “pinnable graphics” in your post?
The more graphics you have, the higher your chances are of getting traffic from Pinterest. Even my screenshots bring me Pinterest traffic. They count as “pinnable” images. This post has two graphics, so my chances of it getting traffic from Pinterest has doubled.
6. Does your blog offer a freebie in exchange for becoming an Email follower?
7. Do you have social sharing buttons on your site?
The social sharing buttons enable you and your readers to share your posts with their social media. However, you should also share your post with groups not on social media. For example, WordPress no longer has a social sharing button for StumbleUpon, but it is still a great place to post your link.
8. Did you embed a Click To Tweet quote in your post?
[bctt tweet=”Tweet: Grow #blog traffic, get social shares, and rank well in #SEO” via=”no”]
9. Publish your post.
- Reply to comments and answer questions about your content.
- Promote your post.
- Link back to it in future posts.
- Promote it again in the future if it was successful.
By following these nine points, you will have a blog that helps you increase your traffic, rank well in search engines, get social shares, and greet new followers.
Readers, if you feel people can benefit from these tips for creating and maintaining a successful blog, please share.
Which tips have been the most effective for growing your blog following? Many of my readers are new bloggers. Which of these tips would you recommend for them? I look forward to your views.
Do You Know You Can Get Paid Just For Watching Youtube Videos?How would you like to make money from just watching Youtube videos? I mean - you already watch YouTube videos, how about getting paid for it? If that sounds like fun click here read all about how it works. You will also see all the sites that really pay.
Powered by Kingged.com
Where Quality Content Is King!