You can use Mix on Firefox, or any one of a number of browsers.
Consider this a follow-up to my post This is What You Need to Know to Get More Traffic from Content Syndication Sites.
What is Mix?
Mix is a content aggregator: You use the site to collect web articles.
Creating a collection on Mix allows you to collect articles, videos, and web pages you like about specific interests or topics. When you add to your collections, your content is shared with friends and made discoverable to others on Mix who share similar interests.
Submitting your articles to Mix takes mere seconds.
According to the Mix site, you can curate and share the best of the internet. “Mix learns what you love to show you even more.”
Mix has an app that enables you to curate using your smartphone. Mix also has a Chrome toolbar bookmarklet that makes it easy for you to curate your favorite content.
Why You Should Use Mix
- You will save time posting your articles without having to create new content.
- Generate interest in your articles by being exposed to new audiences.
- Use articles you find at Mix for research for your blog posts.
- Using the app makes it easy to Mix posts on the go.
- Leaving your link at Mix provides you with an external link to your blog. This helps your off-site search engine optimization.
- If you have questions, people are standing by ready to help you on the website.
- Mix has tips for bloggers.
- Gaining traction is easy at Mix. After I Mixed an article, I was notified via email that people had commented on the post, and I found myself in the middle of an interesting discussion about the content.
- Since Mix is a new site, you can more easily gain an audience than when the site has more users.
How to Use Mix
When you add new content to your collections, people who follow you or your collections will see what you’ve added in their “Top For You” and Recently Added sections.
If other people are mixing or saving things you’ve mixed, you’re more likely to appear on their homepages.
You can follow a person or just a particular collection you like.
If you follow a person or a specific collection when content is added by that person (or into that collection) it will appear on your homepage in your “For You” feed or your “Recently Added” feed.
When you log in, you’ll see suggestions Mix has for you.
I had the opportunity to interview members of the Mix support team:
I have a question. I heard StumbleUpon is transitioning to Mix.
At StumbleUpon, I heard we were penalized if we stumbled our own articles.
Can we curate our own articles at Mix?
How to Generate Traffic Using Mix
- Follow people who have written articles in your niche. They usually follow back. Then, when they log in, they’ll see your articles in their feed.
- Do not spam the site with all your posts. Follow the 80/20 rule: What you post should consist of 20% of your content and 80% of other writers’ content.
- Write catchy, clever post titles. They help to get people to click your link at any site.
- Share your Mix pages on your social media sites. This will help generate interest.
According to a Mix user, you may actually be generating traffic from Mix and not realize it!
I have seen traffic from Mix on my Dashboard.
Perhaps the comments were accurate and Mix is now running smoother.
How to Install a Mix Sharing Button
Did you have a StumbleUpon sharing button? They no longer work (so I hear.) If you’d like a Mix sharing button, Gary Jefferies published a wonderful tutorial about how you can install a Mix Sharing Button.
If readers can sharing your post to Mix, your exposure and potential for traffic grow.
Testimonial about Mix
The 5 Minute Mom predicts Mix will be a great source of traffic for bloggers.
Other Content Curation Sites Like StumbleUpon
With the end of StumbleUpon, you might be interested in additional content curation sites.
How to use GrowthHackers:
In his Huffington Post article How to Write a Popular Blog in 10 Easy Steps, Ryan Biddulph recommends Growth Hackers as a way to aggressively promote your blog.
Step 1: Go to https://growthhackers.com/ Make an account by signing up with your Twitter or your Email account information.
Step 2: Modify your profile.
Step 3: Follow 3 tags. Click “Follow.”
Step 4: Follow 3 people by clicking on their names. Read their background descriptions. Click “Follow” if interested in reading their articles.
Step 5: Vote for articles you like and recommend. This is called “Upvoting”.
Step 6: Add your first post.
Step 7: Leave a comment. GrowthHackers is a forum. Your first post will be in moderation and then visible to others.
In conclusion, there are many content management systems where you can publish your articles such as WordPress.
Now, you can curate them at Mix and GrowthHackers.
Save time while you grow your audiences, learn informative data you need for your posts from already curated articles, and get links from new websites back to your blog.
Readers, please share so other StumbleUpon users (aka Stumblers) learn about Mix and other sites like StumbleUpon.
UPDATE: How to transfer your StumbleUpon data to Mix:
Here is the link you need to transfer your StumbleUpon links to Mix:
Mix has put out a statement regarding transferring your StumbleUpon content to Mix.
StumbleUpon has also made public additional information about the link transfers.
According to reports, StumbleUpon sharing buttons no longer work. This makes sense since StumbleUpon is defunct.
The code for Mix sharing buttons is currently being tested.
I will continue to bring updates on the situation.
Flipboard is another popular content curation site. Flipboard also has the potential to bring you new traffic without creating new content.
Readers, please share so former Stumblers discover Mix’s potential.
Do You Know You Can Get Paid Just For Watching Youtube Videos?
How would you like to make money from just watching Youtube videos? I mean - you already watch YouTube videos, how about getting paid for it? If that sounds like fun click here read all about how it works. You will also see all the sites that really pay.
Powered by Kingged.com
Where Quality Content Is King!