Welcome to my 12 Days of Christmas series! My gift to you is online video editor best free tools.
Every day between now and January 5, the end of the 12 days of Christmas, I’ll be featuring a different category of free blogging tools.
Each day a bite-sized blog post of blogging tools grouped by function for your convenience.
In recent marketing reports, video use is predicted to make an even bigger impact in 2019. I’ve read using video is no longer an option as a way to present your information.
By the end of this post, you’ll know 13 free video tools you can use. The best part, you don’t have to be in the video.
Bring on Day 11 of the 12 Days of Christmas: Online Video Editor Best Free Tools
Online Video Editor Best Free Tools
UPDATE June 2022 Bonus Tool: Video Speed Controller
- EZVid has been my go-to online video editor all year. I’ve posted my videos to YouTube and other social media sites and shown the videos to my virtual assistant in order to show her what tasks I needed completing.
- Facebook Live I have never hosted a Facebook Live video but many of my blogging friends have and recommend this technique.
- IGTV I enjoy using Instagram Television. The best part: If you don’t have 10,000 followers yet, you’re allowed a live link in your Instagram Stories to your IGTV videos. To use IGTV, you need the IGTV app.
- Instagram Video You can put videos in your Instagram posts, your Instagram Stories, and on IGTV. To post a video in your Instagram feed, you need a square video. To post on Instagram Stories or IGTV, your video should be vertical. Fortunately, many online video editing tools to give you these options.
- Jing was created by TechSmith. According to TechSmith, “Whether for work, home, or play, Jing gives you the ability to create basic visual elements and share them with others.”
- Lumen 5 Lumen 5 has free square videos to post on Instagram and Vertical videos to post on Instagram Stories. Lumen5 is really incredible. Lumen5 automatically makes videos of all your blog posts. You do nothing. Kathryn Maclean recommends Lumen5. “Video blogging can be very easy. I have discovered a service called Lumen5 that takes parts of your article and makes a video of it automatically. I really like it and have added it to promote my articles so far on my Facebook pages.” Here is a Lumen5 video I made to accompany my WordPress Gutenberg Tutorial.
- Periscope is used by Twitter users for Live Streaming Videos.
- PosterMyWall One of the many uses for PosterMyWall is to make short videos. Marketing tips recommend using short videos. This makes sense. Consumers of information are busier than ever. It’s faster to see a short video than read a great deal of text. This PosterMyWall video is so short it resembles an ad. [For more information about PosterMyWall read PosterMyWall: How to Make a Strong Visual Presence.] Look:
- Renderforest Use Renderforest to make intros, explainer animations, promotional videos. [Read how to use Renderforest, a guide.]
- Screencast I just discovered Screencast. It seems pretty user-friendly. I know many bloggers who recommend the tool. I look forward to exploring.
- Spark Video I love the Adobe Spark Video app. I’m able to quickly and easily combine the photos on my iPhone into an engaging Spark video. I then upload the video to Instagram.
- Storeo Instagram only allows your Instagram Stories to be 15 seconds long. I tend to talk a great deal, so 15 seconds just doesn’t work for me. Happily, Storeo breaks my videos into 15-second segments. I load them on Instagram Story, one after the other. BAM! I have a video on Instagram Story the length I want.
- YouTube Many bloggers are using the power of YouTube to draw attention to their sites. Read how you can keep your audience glued to your YouTube channel.
Wrapping Up: Online Video Editor Best Choices, 13 Free Online Video Editors
Did I skip any? What free online video editing tools can you recommend?
Readers, please share so bloggers and marketers wishing to use video learn the benefits of using these 13 online video editor tools.
Did you know you can earn money for watching videos? Click here.
Sources: Many of these tools first appeared on
137 Best Free Blogging Tools: How to Boost Blog Management Now
14 Best Mostly-Free Video Maker Tools: How to Show Your Tips Now
3 Free Online Video Maker Tools: How to Easily Enter the Video Age
More information about the tools can be found at these links.
This post was made possible by the support of our readers.