Marketing strategy plan.
Three words that include so much.
This post will suggest ways to make money online using a marketing strategy plan that includes 4 online marketing trends.
If you’re in need of a social media marketing plan, you’ve certainly come to the right place. 38 of these 41 tips offer social media marketing strategies.
In addition, this post will cover current trends in other areas of digital marketing.
By the time you’re done reading this post, you will have a proven marketing strategy plan in the areas of social media marketing, video marketing, search engine marketing, and content marketing.
What is Web Marketing?
Web marketing involves promoting your business on the internet across many channels. These channels include social media websites, search engines, and blogs.
Consider these comments:
“What are the latest digital marketing trends? This is the question that one should ask every year to stay up-to-date with the latest marketing trends. Following the latest web marketing trends will help you to improve brand value and search engine ranking.”
“Digital marketing is growing at a rapid pace; in fact, around 75% of people think marketing has changed more in the past 2 years than it did over the previous 50, which sums of the pace of change right now. So if you’re not into digital marketing yet, you’re missing a lot in terms of traffic, leads, and sales. Not only that, digital marketing provides you a ton of channels that help you get the highest ROI.”
The marketing world will continue to evolve in 2019. Here’s how:
Your 2019 Marketing Strategy Plan
Social Media Marketing
Social Media Marketing will play a more important role in marketing especially in organizations who weren’t involved in social media advertising before.
To be a successful social media marketer in 2019, you need to follow these practices:
1. You need to use social media to build trust to get sponsors.
2. If you are trying to appeal to older sponsors, use Facebook.
3. If you are trying to appeal to younger audiences, use Instagram stories to monetize Instagram. Use the Swipe Up feature to take them to your sales page. If you don’t have 10,000 Instagram followers, this should be your goal in order to use the Swipe Up feature that allows you to connect a live link to your content.
4. More graphic design tools are available to help marketers get their content noticed on social media.
5. Using Facebook posts and covers, LinkedIn covers, poster-makers, and banner ads are just a few of the new trends in social media marketing. You will find these social media templates at Fotor.com. [Read Fotor is Your Best Choice for Photo Editing.]
I use this cover on Twitter.
6. Graphics such as Pinterest graphics are now animated. For example, the PixTeller graphic design company offers animated graphics. [Read PixTeller: How to Make Dazzling Inspirational Images.]
7. Marketers will continue to use GIFS and memes.
8. Marketers will also continue to put videos on social media. Both recorded videos and live videos will continue to be trendy. Live videos are taking the forefront. YouTube now offers the Live Video feature. Click the camera and you’ll see the option to make a Live Streaming Video.
9. Social commerce is new technology. Social media marketing is easier and therefore more profitable since consumers can buy without leaving their apps on their smartphones.
10. Both Instagram and Snapchat use the MikMak app. MikMak enables consumers to buy without leaving these smartphone apps.
11. More Instagrammers will use a business account. A business account is not only needed, but it’s also encouraged by the website and costs the Instagrammer nothing. If anything, the Instagram algorithm penalizes Instagrammers who don’t use the app.
12. In 2019, social media marketers will try even harder to keep their audiences engaged. They will do this by adding more variety. For example, the Instagram Story feature offers more and more ways to engage followers on Instagram. For example, I use polls, questions, and the countdown feature.
13. Brands plan on using Augmented Reality, an augmented view. Google glass originally made AR famous. Consumers can interact with those visuals through their phone or glasses. MR, mixed reality, is another term for Augmented Reality.
14. Virtual reality will also continue to be used in social media marketing plans. In virtual reality, the world you’re in is replaced by a virtual world.
15. AI will continue to evolve. Machines learn quicker. Amazon has admitted their Alexa “listens.” Consumers report seeing ads for products they merely spoke about but never researched.
16. People are using messaging apps more than sharing on social media. Facebook Messenger leads the way, according to Hootsuite.
17. Bots will improve the customers’ experience and free the brand’s time. For instance, the makeup company Sephora launched a messenger bot to book makeover appointments. KLM Royal Dutch Airlines also uses messaging apps to service customers in multiple languages. I have not personally used the Conversable platform, but the tool will help you build messenger bots.
18. You could enable Facebook Messenger on your Facebook business page. It could be used as a greeting.
19. Move social media conversations from “public” to “private” so people will share more private information.
20. Put your time zone in your profile so customers know when you’re likely to reply.
21. Giveaways will continue trendy since they connect you to the consumer.
22. Social media marketers will continue using contests for the same reason.
23. Stories will increase in 2019. The more personal or intimate, the better. Have people see you and others using the products. If you’d like to see an example, people say the @WeWork Instagram account has an intimate feel.
24. You can do behind the scenes content even if you don’t have a product you can demonstrate.
25. However, you may not want everyone to see your personal Story content. Instagram implemented ways to block certain users to increase privacy.
26. Facebook is rolling out group stories.
27. Lofi music will be used especially for younger audiences.
28. Live action performs better in stories than animation. Be authentic. Create a personal, intimate experience for your customers.
29. Facebook groups will try to appeal to younger audiences who may not be active on Facebook. They will start with Stories and Messenger apps.
30. Facebook will work on rebuilding audience trust after the data breaches of 2018.
33. Brands will use micro-influencers more. Microinfluencers enable you to tap into a more niche community. To find them, use hashtags to search for them on Twitter and Instagram. I have not personally used the Brandwatch social listening tool but I hear it helps in this area. The tool can help you find people interested in your product or service.
34. User-generated content will continue to be powerful in 2019. Marketers already have users photograph themselves using their products with an identifiable hashtag.
35. Videos will become even more important. They’ve evolved into a requirement for marketers. The line between GIFs and videos is getting blurred as videos get shorter. For example, the PosterMyWall company has one-scene videos so short they look like GIFs. Clearly, the line between formats is getting fuzzy. [Read PosterMyWall: How to Make a Strong Visual Presence.]
36. Live videos will continue to be important in 2019. Facebook Live, Instagram Live, and Instagram IGTV will continue to play a central part of marketing campaigns in 2019.
37. Although recorded video tools exist, live video streaming is more popular and will continue to be more popular than recorded video.
38. People will share videos so consumers can make informed choices.
Search Engine Marketing
39. While long-tail keywords will still be marketers’ focus, the search volume will start to decrease. Since the numbers add up, marketers will be happy with the content that ranks on Page 1 even if the search volume is smaller.
40. Long-tail keywords will still take center stage due to voice search. Consumers speak their queries and use long-tail keywords when they do.
41. More media will be included in blog posts. First, bloggers used traditional text. Then, bloggers used text and video. Then, bloggers used text, video, and graphics. Now bloggers are incorporating animated graphics such as GIFS.
Current 2020 marketing trends:
Important takeaways to have an effective marketing strategy plan in 2019:
For these 41 reasons, the face of B2C (Business to Consumer) marketing will evolve in 2019. Small business owners and marketers should capitalize on these trends and follow the marketing strategy plan presented in this post.
How small business owners should focus their marketing in 2019:
Focus on social media marketing
Use many forms of media such as videos, GIFs, and animated graphics.
Influencers should sponsor contests and giveaways in order to connect with the consumer.
Consumer-generated content is huge now.
Use long-tail keywords more than ever before but don’t go for search numbers quite so large.
Readers, please share so marketers get access to this proven marketing strategy plan detailing 41 online marketing trends in 2019.
It’s your turn. What marketing practices would you recommend for an effective digital marketing campaign? Of these 4, which marketing technique is the most important for a successful marketing strategy plan?