Are you interested in making money online?
Did you know there are rules involved?
You should be aware of the rules before you attempt to monetize.
Making money online is a breeze if you know the strategies.
Guest author Hayden Steward is here to share 5 rules and 5 methods for making money online.
How to Make Money Blogging
by Hayden Steward
The prospect of making money online through blogging is as enticing as ever, especially for those who are passionate about what they write about and the audience they write for. A blog can be so much more than just a place to share ideas. It is an excellent opportunity to allow readers to understand how knowledgeable you are through your experiences and showcase the expertise you have gained in your specific areas of interest. The overall process is not entirely difficult but it may take time to start up and produce results.
Getting a Feel for Money Making Blogging
First off, if it is hard to find your blog, readers may not be able to reach your content. This absence of an audience can really restrict your potential streams of income that your blog may produce. Visibility is important and one good way to start is by having an idea of what kind of domain name you want for your blog.
Have a useful domain name that will be easy to remember, small enough to fit on a business card and something original if possible. You don’t want to confuse your audience with an unusual website address that doesn’t describe what your blog is about. Many top-level domain options are available which will provide .COM, .NET, .ORG or other extensions for a reasonable price that can be connected to your blog if you have not already done so.
Content: The Wellspring Which Draws an Audience
Having useful and unique content is what will grab your audience and make them repeat readers, subscribers and your potential source of income. Writing your own content articles and sticking to building a reputation for being knowledgeable on specific topics can really elevate your blog to an authority type status. This will allow you to get a decent reader base that understands what your blog is about and that may attract other bloggers, companies, and individuals who are willing to write sponsored posts or pay to advertise on your site.
Some General Rules to Follow for a Successful Blog:
5 Rules to Making Money Online
1. Always be knowledgeable and authoritative about what you write – Your audience expects you to be an expert on what you are talking about. Own the role and produce content that you would want to read if you were your readers. Think about what they would want to know and learn from you and provide the people what they want. Connect them with what you know is true or have evidence to back up.
2. Never spread misinformation or promote shady practices – When you lie to your reader base, it discredits your name, brand and anything you do promote. This is a negative business practice which will hurt your earnings in the long run.
3. Build an ever-growing email subscriber list – Building an email subscriber list makes it possible for you to send out notifications about your newest articles, products or services. People who subscribe to your blog are those who want to hear from you in the future, so maintaining quality content on your blog is crucial to have them “wanting more”.
4. Social Media Presence – Build a social media presence that allows you to interact with your readers and gain access to additional readers by sharing. The social media crowd enjoys sharing new and useful information to their friends, family, and colleagues. It is the digital version of “word of mouth”.
5. Don’t expect to make money quickly – This is possibly the most truthful statement about blogging for money. It can be a hit and miss business and many monetized blogs can take a substantial amount of time before they start making money.
What Options are There to Make Money Blogging?
5 Methods to Making Money Online
So now it is time to look at the different ways you can apply your blog to make money for you. You have to treat your blog like a business and put in some time and effort to make money. The following are some of the options available to monetize an established blog:
Advertising – Your blog can host ads from various sources to produce an income stream based on your audience viewing and or clicking on ads. Google AdSense, Media.net, and blog ads are some possible options. There is also the possibility of offering advertising spots to local businesses which share the niche of your blog, possibly for a set time amount.
Affiliate Marketing – Selling another company’s product on your blog by linking to specific, niche related affiliate sites can make a decent amount via commission based selling. Some commission rates can be very high and some a tiny percentage based on the product. Some examples of affiliate marketing systems are Linkshare, Commission Junction, Amazon Associates and ShareASale.
Exclusive Memberships – You can sell exclusive memberships to your readers to access additional member’s only content on your blog.
Selling Services – Selling a service you can provide that you believe you do well. This can be content creation, coaching, consulting and anything else you are comfortable doing and charging money for.
Selling Products – If you want to create and sell programs, e-books or other products through your blog, then this is an excellent opportunity to do so. You will need to look into using an e-commerce storefront to sell your digital or physical products on your blog.
Expand to as many streams of income as possible, one at a time if possible. It takes time to set up each type of blog income and if you spread yourself too thin in the beginning you may make mistakes and lose out on efficiently monetizing your blog. Work on what is feasible for you to promote while still being able to produce content on a regular basis for your blog. Of course, the options mentioned here are just some of the more common ways to generate cash flow and experimentation with other avenues is encouraged.
An Outlook for Blogging Entrepreneurship
Blogging, if done correctly, can be an efficient and effective way to make money. Many people treat their blogging as a passionate full-time job and that is where the mentality shifts from completing a chore to getting ahead doing something you enjoy. It is much harder to burn out and lose interest when you can reach an audience and change their lives with what you have to share. So being successful means more than just making sales, it means readers are willing to fetch what you want to throw at them in terms of content.
Author Bio: Hayden Steward is a freelance writer who works for Financial Business Solutions.
Readers, please share so other bloggers looking to learns ways to make money online discover how easy making money online can be.
Is Your Online Business Ready for Voice Search?Currently, 41% of adults and 55% of teens conduct voice searches daily. Older adults also like it because it makes them feel tech-savvy, while for teens and millennials it’s considered cool Click here to see strong reasons why every online business, including YOURS need to start taking voice search seriously.
Powered by Kingged.com
Where Quality Content Is King!