Saturday is the most frequent day for blog readers since it’s the day most people read their Emails.
So, to have 1,406 page views to my site on a Monday, I felt, was even more astonishing.
How I Got 1,406 Page Views in One Day
1. I wrote a giant list post, 71 Awesome Tips That Will Make Your Blog Successful, and published it on Sunday, November 22.
Sue Anne Dunlevie recommends you write giant list posts if you want to get massive blog traffic.
I Googled my headline before deciding on one. I could not find a blogging tips article with more than 35 tips. Mine was 71. Odd numbers do well, according to Neil Patel.
2. I included an infographic which I heard does well on Pinterest.
3. I included the names of experienced bloggers in the article including influencers. Since they were blogging for a long time, they would have a significant amount of social media followers.
4. After publishing, I notified the influencers and other bloggers that they were featured in an article I published. I asked those I notified on Twitter to retweet my article. People who have been cited in an article often retweet even without being asked.
5. People wrote me that they stumbled my article on Sunday, November 22. Due to my StumbleUpon group and my StumbleUpon articles, my readers knew of my interest in having my articles stumbled.
6. I stumbled group members’ articles on both Sunday, November 22 and Monday November 23.
By examining the screenshot, you can see several important factors. First, StumbleUpon resulted in producing 1,000 page views to my site in one day.
Next, you can see that my post went viral. I am defining viral as “unusually high page views”.
I published the 71 Tips… post 22 hours before the statistics captured in this screenshot. The 1,103 page views of the post were only on Monday. The post was published on Sunday.
The post received 1,516 page views in less than three days. It received 1,663 within five days of publication.
Finally, the day I received 1,406 page views, 11 people went into my StumbleUpon group. Were any of my articles stumbled that day? I don’t know. But, as mentioned, I do know for a fact they were stumbled the day before.
I Received 1,406 Page Views in One Day, and Now You Can Too!
- Write a giant list post for your blogging niche.
- Include an infographic.
- Include the names of influencers in your area. Topsy.com is a great place to look for them.
- Tell the influencers that they are featured in your article and ask them to share it with their social media followers.
- If you have subscribed to this blog, ask me to stumble your article for you. It is not an imposition! That’s why I started the StumbleUpon group as a perk for my subscribers.
- Go into my StumbleUpon group page and stumble the links on the group list.
In conclusion, when I wrote the article 71 Awesome Tips That Will Make Your Blog Successful, I was not trying to strategically get 1,406 page views. I was trying to thank people who helped me along my blogging journey since my first year of blogging had wrapped up.
Now that I have received that many page views in one day, I am analyzing the causes of my massive spike in organic traffic and sharing my opinion of the causes with you, so that you can try to duplicate my results.
Also, note that in contrast to my headline, I am not talking about 1,406 unique visitors. This article is giving tips on how to get massively high page views in one day.
If anyone that has subscribed to this blog would like to join our StumbleUpon group, please let me know on that group page which link you’d like me to stumble. You can also let me know here in the comments section. Remember to leave a permalink to an article, not a shortlink and not your blog URL. If you would like to stumble other people’s articles, which I have attributed to my November 23 spike in traffic in this article, there is a list of URL’s waiting for you to stumble on my StumbleUpon group page.
Readers, please share this post, so that other bloggers and website creators can know how they can increase traffic to their sites.
Do you have any other ideas for how to receive unusually high page views? Have you ever had a post go viral? What do you think was the cause? I look forward to your views.
9 Ways to Protect Yourself From Gambling with Your Blog (also a case study of StumbleUpon success)
How The Brain Behind Avengers Endgame Went From Errand Boy To “1.2 Billion Dollars In Few Days”
Yes, the brain behind Avengers Endgame was an ordinary errand boy years ago but now he has brought over 15 billion dollars in earnings from his movies. Click Here to read more about him and the reasons behind his massive success.
Powered by Kingged.com
Where Quality Content Is King!