5 Quick Tips to Triple Your Website Sales Overnight
by Anil Agarwal
Are you looking to increase website sales?
The first step is always the hardest. The same goes for building a profitable blog online.
Starting a blog is easy but making money from it is NOT.
Here’s where things like networking, hustle, execution, sales funnel etc. come into play. If you’re struggling to increase your website sales, this post is for you.
Whether you’re struggling to increase your affiliate marketing sales or website sales, these tips can help you boost your conversions.
Are you curious to find them out? Let’s jump into the details.
1. Start using commercial intent keywords
If you want to triple your website sales overnight, focus on using commercial intent keywords. Here’s an image that quickly tells you the importance of commercial intent keywords.
Keyword intent helps you to increase traffic to your sites, attracts more qualified prospects, drive more sales and generates more leads. It is one of the most crucial aspects of paid search. Even the most well-funded PPC campaign will fail without a keen understanding of the intent behind visitors searches.
SEO is involved in various techniques like black hat, white hat, link building etc but we’re only focusing on keyword research here.
There are two types of keywords. High intent and low intent.
High intent keywords or high commercial intent keywords signify a strong intent on the part of the searcher. There are three basic types of search query:
- Informational searches which users perform to answer questions or to learn something.
- Navigational searches which users perform to locate a specific website.
- Transactional searches which users perform to buy something.
Here are some examples of high commercial intent keywords:
- ‘Buy Now’ Keywords: Such keywords include, Buy, Discount, Deals, Coupons, Free shipping. All these keywords serve the same purpose and convince a prospect who has already decided to make a purchase to take action by offering additional incentives.
- ‘Product’ Keywords: Product keywords include branded searches, specific products, affordable, best, cheapest, comparison, review, top, product categories like summer dresses, insect repellant, beach accessories etc. Some of these keywords will be more valuable than others, depending on the nature of the business.
Benefits that advertisers get by targeting high intent keywords:
- The searcher clearly indicates their intent to make a purchase by including high commercial intent keywords in their query
- Both Google AdWords and Bing Ads offer a variety of advertising formats that are ideally suited to high commercial intent keywords which are highly attractive to searchers with commercial intent.
2. Make your website design clutter-free
Design is the new king.
The first impression is the last impression when it comes to online viewing. That’s why you should give your #1 focus on making your website clutter-free, easy-to-use, and easy-to-navigate.
Even if your blog has great content but poor design, then you won’t see any increase in sales. If you want to create a professional impression, then you need to make your website up to date and trendy.
- Keep it clean: Instead of routine ads, banners, icons, badges, signs, pop-ups, buttons, and so on, why not give your site visitors a new experience from all these noises? Use flat design and white space to give your site visitors a new experience.
- Do some research on web design: Do an effective research and start looking at websites with a specific purpose. Check whether a long scrolling page would work well or a flat page. If you really like someone else’s approach to their contact page or whatever it is, then use it in your own website’s design scheme.
- Use a pattern: Our eyes pay attention to web space in a certain pattern. If you observe it carefully, then it helps you in optimizing the important content on your site. Put your most important content in the top left corner of your site. However, if you put too much in one spot, you won’t get the result you are looking for.
- Give readability to your text: You need to make sure that users read your text without any problem. For example, if you keep cream colored text on a white background will either leave your site visitors with a headache or make them give up and move on. Never irritate them with tiny font sizes. The fonts you choose, the background color you choose must give ease of readability to your users.
- Get the best design that works for mobile too: These days, everyone uses mobile devices more than desktop. So, it is really important to see that your website looks great on mobile devices. Whenever you make changes, toggle between the editor and the preview version and check how the design looks on mobile. Never ever miss your potential site visitors by doing simple mistakes.
3. Landing pages are golden
Landing pages can convert visitors into subscribers, buyers, or leads if you know how to make it. Implementing these few tips can help you get even more benefits and increases your conversion rate.
- Make sure that your product or offer matches your prospects’ needs: Whatever the product or offer, you want to give, it should match your prospects’ needs as closely as possible. If your audience doesn’t want your offer, or if it doesn’t truly solve their problems, then the conversion rate of that offer’s landing page will become zero.
- Keep the ad and the landing page headline same: If the ad and the landing page headline don’t match, visitors get confused and bounce immediately. If you want to improve your AdWords Quality Score, then at least keep similar headlines for the ad copy and the headline to avoid confusion.
- Write really compelling headlines: The headline of your blog’s landing page is the first thing visitors see, so make it as powerful and compelling as possible. If your headline and ad copy are exactly the same, then it helps you to get more traffic. The headline makes a great difference in increasing your conversion rate.
- Place a call-to-action: After the headline, your call-to-action is the second biggest opportunity to improve your conversion rate. Usually, 5-7 words are highly effective in most of the cases. Use terms like “Get my free report” or “Create my account,” instead of “Submit.”
- Answer questions to build trust: To make your landing page great, answer common questions. It gives assurance to your visitors and builds trust.
- Take very minimal information: If you ask for too much information when your visitors fill your registration form, then it lowers your conversion rate. All you really need is an email address, so ask only that to keep your conversions high.
- Use a responsive design: When you invest in a good design, make sure you use a responsive design that looks great on any device. A landing page that doesn’t respond to the device of the visitor costs you leads and sales.
- Invest in a good design: Colors, font type and size, whitespace, and other design elements play a huge role in capturing interest and guiding visitors’ eyes to the call-to-action. So, to boost your conversion rate, invest in good design.
- Include a variety of trust builders: Make sure that your visitors trust you before they click on your landing page’s call-to-action. Good landing pages include a variety of trust-builders and social proof elements that includes testimonials and reviews, customer success stories, number of social shares, number of subscribers. client logos. third-party certifications and security badges.
4. Build trust
The quality of your website sales funnel is determined by the quality of your relationships with your customers and readers. Trust is one of the essential ingredients to turn a lead into a sale.
How can you build trust online? Here are few effective tips that help you.
- When you say that you are going to do something, stick to that and do it (be it your blog posting frequency, networking, or writing guest posts). Consistency plays a crucial role while building trust with others.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. To build trust, make an honest communication frequently. Most of the marriages and work relationships fail due to poor communication.
- It takes time to build up trust but it takes a fraction of a second to lose it due to poor decisions. So, always make the right decisions.
- Always, value long-term relationships more than short-term success.
- Focus more on your core principles and customer loyalty than short-term commissions and profits.
- Be honest and tell the truth. Never show wrong social proofs such as fake income reports or photoshop visuals to build trust. It annoys people and you won’t go anywhere in the long run.
- Show people that you care about them. When people know you care about their interests as much as your own, they will trust you.
- Always be transparent, authentic and willing to share your mistakes and faults. When you don’t do the right thing, admit it.
To increase the positive customer engagement around products or services, businesses are increasingly using the concept of social proof.
Why do you need to understand this social proof? It’s not always about driving traffic to your site; you also need to secure your real customers.
It is good to know how this can be used in the right manner for your marketing strategy. Social proof is all about using the idea of human masses and their views to create positive connections around your brand.
Here are the different techniques that you can incorporate into your product to leverage the potential of social proof for your conversions.
- Use expert testimonials: People love testimonials. If you want to increase your social proof in order to boost your website sales, get testimonials from experts. Help them first (either by writing guest posts or doing site audits etc.), then ask them for an honest review about your work or content.
- Engage and build community by commenting: Nothing sells better than knowing how people are talking about your product in a positive manner. Make sure that you respond to customer comments. Building community is not just about customers but engaging with them, answering their queries, accepting feedback is what matters.
- Customer reviews for every product: If you observe Amazon, you know that one of their best features is the idea of customer reviews for every product. You can always check out what ratings other customers have given to the product. Customer reviews are a great way to boost conversions.
- Use social media: If you mention your fan following on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter, imagine the kind of impact your brand can make in the minds of prospective leads. Displaying those numbers actually lead to better conversions. Provide options to follow you on different social networks.
Final thoughts about increasing website sales:
Increasing your website sales is not hard if you know how to add value to others.
Don’t focus on yourself. Focus on helping others first. That’s how you succeed online. Networking, SEO, social proof – all these tactics play a huge role when it comes to increasing sales of any website.
So what are your thoughts? Do you have any more tips that are working for you to increase website sales? Share your views in the comments below.
Anil Agarwal who is an SEO and blogging expert is the owner of the Bloggers Passion blog where he is writing on the topics related to blogging, SEO, affiliate marketing, web hosting and social media. You can connect with him on Facebook here and Twitter here.
Host Blogger’s Comments:
If you have been looking to increase website sales, thanks to Anil’s post, you now have a strategy. Use his tips as a checklist, and you’ll be able to increase website sales. His post offers you an action plan for boosting your online income.
Are you involved in e-commerce? Do you have any additional suggestions for boosting online income? I look forward to your views in the comments section.
Readers, please share so other content marketers and people looking to make money online know these hacks for increasing website sales.
Thinking of Opening an Online Store? Read This First
Additional Information in case you need a card reader.