Are you here for information about the Google Maps Widget plugin?
By reading this article, you will get a Google Maps Widget review.
UPDATE: Is Chrome slow when you try to load Google maps? Make sure you stay until the end when you will discover how to troubleshoot.
Are you a travel blogger?
Are you a lifestyle blogger who blogs about exotic locations?
Are you a restaurant reviewer?
Are you a news, current events, or political blogger?
Then WordPress’s Google Maps Widget is for you.
The first three bloggers need to show the place they are describing. The news blogger needs to show the place the news event occurred.
All four bloggers could benefit from having maps on their sites.
How to get a map?
Simple! Use the free Google Maps Widget plugin.
This post will explain other advantages of the plugin and how to use the plugin for your WordPress site.
What is the Google Maps Widget?
Want to quickly display a map in a sidebar widget? Google Maps Widget allows you to easily add a Google Map in your sidebars or any other widget-ready areas. Clicking on a map will open the map in a lightbox popup with a larger view. You can also choose pin colors and even use your own image as a pin.
Would you like to see an example?
The map is interactive. Look what happens when your readers click on the icon with a bicyclist:
Can you tell a dialogue bubble appeared? The bicyclist is telling your readers to visit the bike shop when in New York City.
Interactive sites are fun! Readers love interactive sites!
Why You Need the Google Maps Widget
- Setting up the widget is fast. You can set it up in less than two minutes.
- The map is interactive. Your readers can click to activate the map.
- You can customize the map. For example, you can use your own photos as pins.
- With the Google Maps Widget, there are no limitations. You can have as many maps and pins as you want.
- Setting up the widget is easy. No technical skills are required.
- It doesn’t matter what theme you’re using. If you’re on a WordPress site, you can use this plugin.
- You can have a thumbnail of the map. This way the map doesn’t take up so much room.
- Put the map anywhere on your site. For instance, you can display the map in different posts, pages, or your sidebar.
- Change the colors so the map blends in perfectly with your site colors.
- You can customize the map with a title and address.
- There is nothing to set up. The map comes with default settings which you can change if you wish.
- Change the map view as needed. In fact, you can show directions, a satellite view, and a street view,
- You have the option of having text on your map.
- New features are continuously added.
- The plugin is updated regularly.
- Need help? The developers are friendly and helpful. Most people receive a response in 3 hours. The company guarantees a response within 24 hours. Can’t wait? A forum exists where you can get your questions answered.
- The plugin has over 100,000 monthly users. All these people can’t be wrong. Google Maps is a popular choice for people needing maps on their blog or website.
Other Benefits of the Google Maps Widget
The map loads quickly.
Actually, Google Maps Widget is the fastest plugin of its kind. Your site will not be slowed by the map’s loading time.
Because the developers allow users to load a thumbnail of the map (which is a simple, small image), it loads much faster than the usual interactive Google Map. So, instead of forcing every user to load the entire map, you can add an image of the map which opens an interactive map on click – so every user can load the map only when he needs it!
For example, if you use other plugins or embed a map directly from Google, your visitors have to load the map even if they aren’t going to look at it. But instead of all that, Google Maps Widget can generate a thumbnail from the map users create. Since the thumbnail is only a few KB, it loads much, much faster than the regular interactive map. Not only this speeds up the maps, but it speeds up the entire site with that small change.
Testimonials About Google Maps Widget
People are raving about the Google Maps Widget Plugin.
Thoron87 explained, “Love the plugin! It really is the fastest one and I love all the customization options.”
According to StMartinsAdmin, “This is an easy to use plugin to add a map to your site.”
Google Maps Widget is free. Paid plans start at $15.00.
Additional Information about the Google Maps Widget
Additional information about the Google Maps Widget is available in this video.
Are You Ready to Install the Plugin?
Since the map is interactive, your site will be interactive. Readers enjoy visiting interactive sites. Therefore, your traffic will increase in addition to your effectiveness as a blogger.
Sign up here for the free Google Maps Widget plugin.
Sign up here for the premium Google Maps Widget plugin.
The Google Maps Widget is a free blogging tool. For more free blogging tools,
click here to get your own downloadable PDF of my 123 free blogging tools list.
Note: This was a sponsored post but the opinions contained herein are my own.
Readers, please share, so other WordPress bloggers know about the benefits of the Google Maps Widget Plugin.
I look forward to your views in the comments section. Can you think of any other reasons someone might want to put a map on their site and need the Google Maps Widget?
Google Maps Widget FAQs
Is there a Google Maps Widget?
Yes! Google Maps Widget is a WordPress plugin.
What are Google Map widgets?
Google Maps Widget is a plugin. After installation, you can show locations on your blog post. This is helpful if you are writing about events or locations.
Bonus Tip: Google Maps Very Slow in Chrome
One of the advantages of the Google Maps Widget is quick loading.
However, if you ever notice Google Maps is very slow loading in Chrome, the problem may not be with your Google Maps widget. The problem may be with your Chrome browser. Try clearing your browser’s cache and then try again to load Google maps. If the problem is with your computer, it should load quicker if you close your other tabs and clear your cache.