According to blogging influencer Daniela Uslan, my superpower is networking.
In this article, I am going to pass my superpower on to you.
Upon completing my first year of blogging, I passed on the tips and tricks other bloggers believe make blogging successful in my post 71 Awesome Tips that Will Make Your Blog Successful.
But, what about what tips and tricks I consider to be important for blogging success?
There is only one. As I explained in my post Secrets to Successful Blogging, there is only one secret. It’s networking.
Ten bloggers are here to offer their secrets for how they grew their communities and their subscriber lists by networking.
According to Daniela Uslan, blogging is best done in a community with others. These tips will tell you how to find that community.
28 Ways to Effectively Network, So You Can Grow Your Blog
1. Find people with the same interests as you and follow them.
2. If somebody follows your blog, follow their blog in return.
3. Most readers don’t comment at all. They’re intimidated, so when they do, reward them for it. Thank them.
4. [Then] Add on to their line of thought.
5. You need to seek out blog friends and build relationships.
6. You shouldn’t expect people to come visit your blog after you press PUBLISH. You need to do the work.
7. If you don’t engage with your readers and expand your audience, it’ll be a waste–of your time, your talent and your words. So share, connect, and talk to your readers.
8. One of the things that’s made a huge difference for my blog has been doing blogger outreach. This includes taking the time to read, comment and share other bloggers’ posts. Not only does it help build relationships with other bloggers, but It actually helps to bring traffic to my site as well.
9. I spend time every morning (usually 2 hours) searching WordPress.
10. I try to read 100 new blogs every morning.
11. I read, comment, [and] like.
12. I respond quickly.
13. I formulate a “real” response to most comments.
14. I genuinely try to connect.
15. Spend one hour after dinner each night networking.
18. If new visitors to your site click “like” or make comments, visit their blogs and make thoughtful comments about their posts.
19. Find new bloggers to network with at blogging events such as Meet and Greets.
20. My one tip would be for people to really get out there and mingle. Interaction is the key to networking and growing your own community.
21. [Attend] blog parties.
22. [Attend] linky parties, blog hops, link-ups, or whatever you personally call them.
23. You need to read and comment on posts that have been linked up as well.
24. When I visit their site, I am a tweet King with 6,022 TWEETS. I share their content across the board most of the times if it is really good!
25. If someone needs help, I help them to best of my abilities expecting nothing in return. Sometimes I go out of my way to help another by messaging them to inform them that their Google Plus is set to private when it should be public or wish them a happy birthday on Facebook or in the comments of their post.
27. The 40 or so bloggers that consistently read and comment on my blog, I return the favor. Anyone that comments on my blog, I go and visit and comment on their blog. It’s a two-way street.
28. The #1 blog promotion secret is building social relationships in your niche…
[bctt tweet=”Networking is a skill which takes practice until it becomes a habit.”]
Thanks to these successful bloggers sharing their tips, now you have that skill, or as Daniela Uslan called it, that superpower.
Readers, please share this article, so that other bloggers know the secrets of networking. The people quoted here are succesful bloggers, but their tips aren’t secrets. They are common sense. Treat others the way you want to be treated, and you will find your readership will grow.
Do you have any other networking tips that have worked for you? I look forward to your views.
Related Posts and Pages:
(If you have subscribed to this blog, and you would like to be added to the Follow to Follow Directory, let me know in the comments section.)