It can be time-consuming, and, for some, complicated.
Yet, being a content promoter comes down to understanding numbers to use them to your advantage.
At the end of 2014, over 288 million people were using Twitter. Over 500 million Tweets were sent each day*.
It’s actually easy to tap into those numbers for use in promoting your blog.
This post will not only teach you how to promote your blog post, it will teach you how to get others to promote your blog for you as well. Groups of people exist who will help you promote your blog post just like with Triberr.com.
However, Triberr is made up of strangers. You know the people who will help you promote your posts using Click To Tweet. They are your blog readers.
Welcome to my Click To Tweet Tutorial!
Using Click to Tweet, you can generate a tweet for your website that your blog readers will be able to use to promote your post for you.
- Write your blog post.
- Compose a Tweet, a short statement, about the post people will want to click on.
- Get the post’s link.
- Go to https://clicktotweet.com/ and make an account. If you already have a Twitter account, you can sign in using your user name and password.
- You will be asked to enter your Email address.
- Type in your Tweet just as you would on Twitter under “Message You Would Like Tweeted”.
- Click “Generate New Link”.
- Click “Dashboard”.
- Click “Test Link”.
- You will be taken to Twitter. Click “Tweet”.
- If you would like, go to your Twitter profile. You will see your Tweet is there.
- Return to Click To Tweet.
- Click “Download all stats”.
An Excel spreadsheet will open showing you a visual comparison of your Tweets and how many times your links in each of them got clicked. The bottom code is circled for a reason. Since I only had one Tweet, I didn’t need to download all stats.
A graph will come up showing you how your tweets performed on various days the of the week.
- Click to Tweet allows you to have five tweets on its site at once for absolutely free.
- Click to Tweet provides detailed analytics of how your tweet is performing. For those without access to Google Analytics or limited knowledge of Google Analytics, these results are easy to understand.
I have found that WordPress.com users have limited knowledge of their analytics since GoogleAnalytics only tells them so much. However, Click To Tweet answers many questions GoogleAnalytics doesn’t.
- The site produces a code, so if you switch to Text mode, you can incorporate the code for the Tweet in your blog post.
Blog Growth Hack: A Cheat Sheet For Getting More Followers is my recent post. I experimented with a Tweet promoting that post for this article. Look at how I was able to embed the Tweet in my article.
Each reader who clicks the link is promoting your blog post for you to each and every one of their Twitter followers.
Eighteen of blogging coach Tom Breeze‘s followers incorporated his link in their posts. Their combined total of Twitter followers equaled over 149,000 people. That is how many more people saw his link because he used Click To Tweet to embed the link in his post.
- It tells users how many times their link was clicked and displays those stats on a spreadheet.
- It shows which Twitter users in which geographical area opened your link.
Are You Ready To Try It?
Although you can pay for premium plans that allow you to Tweet more than five at a time, Click to Tweet is free to use.
I found it fun. I’ve never known before how many people were clicking the links I put on Twitter. As soon as “1 Click” came up, I got excited.
“1 Click” may not sound like very many, but that was only after 32 seconds of posting my Tweet. Can you tell from some of the screenshots that two more people opened my links while I was writing this post? That is why some of the screenshots have “3 Clicks” listed in them.
Readers, if you believe others can benefit from knowing about Click To Tweet, please share.
What is the verdict? Does Click To Tweet sound like something you’d use? Are you already using it? Do you recommend it? I look forward to your views in the comments section.
Are You A Smart Blogger? If Yes, You Should Know These 15 Powerful Blogging Tricks!There's a reason why some bloggers are successful while most are not. The successful bloggers are smart and know what others don't. Are you one of the smart ones? Click here to read 15 of some of the most powerful tricks and tips that most smart bloggers use. Yes, these smart tricks can help you grow your blog in record time!
Powered by Kingged.com
Where Quality Content Is King!