4 Ridiculously Simple Reasons
Why Your Blog Gets No Traction
(#3 Will Shock You)
"Content is NOT king. Results are."
Transcript - Click To Read/Collapse
Are you having trouble gaining traction with your blog? I will show you why.
#1. Competition is extremely high.
Unfortunately we are not in 2010 any more. In those day you could just find a few keywords, write a 500-word blog post, build a link farm and you were on Page 1 of Google.
This is not the case any more.
Today the competition is extremely strong.
There are over 600 million blogs in the world today, out of over 1.7 billion websites.
In English, if there is a traffic getting or money making keyword then someone has already written about it.
Ahrefs’ Content Explorer tool discovers 1.8 Million new pages every 24 hours while being very picky about the pages that qualify for inclusion.
There is an oversupply of content and Google doesn’t rank the content of an unproven website.
#2. Your blog doesn’t have enough authority
Ahrefs analyzed 1 billion web pages and found that 91 percent gets zero organic traffic from Google search.
That means you need to write 10 posts and if you do everything correctly, 1 may get traffic. And that is just traffic, not email sign-ups or sales.
Google has grown up and it has changed its algorithm multiple times. It mostly ranks authority sites and brands.
Let’s take an area that everyone knows. Web hosting. Google will rank hosts like SiteGround, GoDaddy, etc. If you just started your hosting business that is #365 on the list of web hosts, with no authority, don’t expect it to rank on Page #1.
Gaming the system doesn’t work any more, you need to show real signs of authority.
What are these signs?
- ● Backlinks: Per Ahrefs, 85 percent of web pages have 3 or less external links pointing to them.
- ● Domain Authority: When you look up a site and it has a DA of 3, what are your thoughts? In order to start getting real traction you need to get your DA up to the 25 area, then over 30 and 40.
- ● Social shares & engagement: If your visitors don’t think of your content and products highly enough to interact with them, then they are probably not good enough. That is a “safe” assumption from Google. When you search for a plugin for a certain purpose, aren’t going to pick the one that was downloaded 200,000 times vs the one that only has 30 installed?
- ● Results: If your site enables people to get a desired result, it will spread like wildfire. In the real world if you put up a hot dog stand and your stuff is good, people will come back naturally and recommend it to their friends. It works the same way on the internet. Content is not the real king. Results are the king.
- ● Existing traffic: This factor is the direct consequence of results. If TinyPng shrinks your images sufficiently, you will use it and so will other people, regardless of where it shows up in search.
#3. Because you are publishing random blog posts
That’s the shocking one.
You spend 95 percent of your time on actions (writing and publishing content) that don’t result in anything.
This is because most of the blogging advice you are following is either outdated or it applies to blogs that are already successful.
If you don’t have traction yet, the rules of the game are different.
If you spend most of your time publishing blog posts, that is like building a house from bricks only. What about the doors, the windows and the paint that covers everything?
Blogging works similarly. There are over 120 functions involved in blogging.
That includes things like paying for your domain & hosting, your taxes, social media, etc.
Most bloggers concentrate on one or two that don’t even move the needle and that’s why they fail.
What you need is a routine that you can follow. One that gets you more results with less work.
There are a handful that you need to build into your routine.
- Keyword research (long tail)
- Content creation
- Content promotion
- Link building
- Selling products
- Email marketing
- Sales funnels
Now take this to heart because this is the most important information of your blogging career.
You need to learn and regularly perform all these 7 functions at least on a basic level.
Most bloggers completely neglect link building, because it’s so difficult that even the idea is painful.
Yet the reality is that if you cut half of the time you spend on content and invested it into link building, you would become successful in a matter of months.
#4. Time & Money
Not having $30/month to pay for an email marketing service or $2,000 for a course like “Blogs That Convert” is also a problem.
You may not have the time to study lengthy courses, even if you do, the information overload will kill your efforts when it comes to putting the information into action.
We created Mostly Blogging Academy to accommodate any budget.
We are releasing short courses on all the above subjects that are very affordable and you can put the material into use right away, without lengthy study.
I recommend that you start with Keyword Research Sanity, which only costs $7.95 with the coupon listed on this page.
If you feel ready to take the plunge, you can get all courses for $115.
Introducing: Ignite Your Blog Bundle
- 1Discover the truth about why almost all of the mainstream blogging advice is actually detrimental and why over 90 percent of blogs make less than $100.
- 2Instead of paying $1,000 for a single course on a narrow subject, pay a single lower price for several courses that span the 7 subjects you need in order to run a successful blog.
- 3Step-by-step strategies you can implement in your blog for results - subjects include SEO, email marketing, videos/webinars and sales funnels!
- 4Bonus: Those people who join during the beta-test will have a chance to give me valuable feedback about the course. So, if there is something you’d like to be improved or explained in detail, you will have a chance to let us know and we’ll help you.
Buy any of the courses below and you will get Steve Larsen's opt-in course, $47 value, for totally free!
Ignite Your Blog Bundle - $448 $137 - 3-Day $1 Trial + 4x$37
01 Keyword Research Sanity - $7.95 - Available
Do all your keyword research for the next two years and find the best keywords with the correct keyword strategy using the best keyword tool - Ahrefs $7 /7-day trial.
02 Content That Converts - $49 $12 - Coming Soon
Pumping out random content that is useless. Learn how to create content that turns your visitors into subscribers, clients and buyers.
03 Content Promotion Strategy - $49 $12 - Coming Soon
There is the myth of, “Oh, just publish great content and you’ll rank because Google loves great content”. It's BS. Learn the methods I use for promoting my new posts on Mostly Blogging.
All 9 Courses For $115 - 3-Day $1 Trial + 4x$37
04 Video & Webinar For Newbies - $118 $37
Video content is picking up. However if you have never created video content, it is difficult to get started. The same goes for webinars. Learn how to create simple videos using free tools.
05 Link Building Outreach Simplified - $118 $37
Link building is difficult and can be very expensive. Yet it is the most effective strategy to increase organic traffic. Find out how to do Shotgun link building at a low cost.
06 Effective Email Marketing - $118 $37
Email is still the best converting sales channel. It is not easy to master though. Learn how to use email to engage your audience and sell your products.
Not Sure? Get The $1 Trial for 3 Days
07 Blogging for (Affiliate) Profits - $97 $97
If you don't have a sales funnel on your blog, you are leaving money on the table. Find out how you can build your own by copying other people's proven high converting funnel structure.
08 Blogging on the First Page of Google - $37 $118
Get the trust of Google and get started with traffic generation using long tail keywords.
09 Blogging Like A Pro - $228 $87
Learn how to build authority for your blog, create and sell products like this one. Learn how to put together a sales page, how to price your products, how to start selling in any niche.
Mostly Blogging Owner
Mostly Blogging Academy
*Important Note: due to technical restrictions the available places are strictly limited!
Reserve your spot now to ensure your participation.
© 2020 Mostly Blogging. All rights Reserved | Privacy