This post contains an affiliate link.
Would you like help with your blog?
Apple iOS users have Siri to help them.
Snow White had seven dwarves to help her.
Cinderella had a fairy godmother.
Would you like a fairy godmother?
Jason Cushman says bloggers are so busy they need fairy godmothers to help them.
I can get you a fairy godmother. Her name is Jill.
She is your virtual assistant.
What is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant provides services to individuals, organizations or companies, but they work online instead of going into an office.
Why Bloggers Need Virtual Assistants
When bloggers were surveyed, their biggest complaint was a lack of time.
Consider these comments from readers:
I need time management.
I work outside the home 6 hours a day and I can’t even look at Twitter during that time. It seems if you don’t post regularly and interact, it’s pretty much Twitter suicide. So, I stick with the outlets I can (somewhat) manage, although it’s a challenge to even keep up with those.
I like that you are having advice or suggestions that improve the quality of life for a busy blogger… any posts like this that help the fellow blogger with time management or any topic you can think of will be great to see.
Testimonials about the Value of VA’s.
According to blogger Julie Kalungi, who has a virtual assistant, “A well-trained professional virtual assistant will enable the blogger or online entrepreneur to take [their] time back.” They are delegated the seemingly mundane daily admin tasks that do pile up if left undone; yet, they are the glue that keeps things moving.
A VA (Virtual Assistant) can help you by outsourcing [your] administrative, social media updates, blog and document writing and more, so you can focus your time and expertise on building your business.
How Jill’s Office Helps Bloggers
According to Jill’s Office, a company that provides virtual assistants, you should stop simply HOPING your blog will boom, and start MAKING it happen. Jill’s Office can give you the assistance you need to grow your blog at an unprecedented rate!
Most bloggers promote their blog exclusively online. Set yourself apart from the other bloggers in the industry by following up with a personal phone call. Let Jill make the calls for you. How is that possible if you don’t know blogging influencers’ phone numbers? No problem! Jill has it all figured out.
- Blogger Outreach – Put your content directly in front of the influencers in your niche! Sharing your blog on your own social media platforms is good, but getting the big wigs to share your content is BETTER. Compile a list of influential bloggers in your niche – aim for at least 25 to start. Use Google, social media outlets, and websites such as www.buzzsumo.com to research who has authority and a good following in your field.
Begin building a relationship with them by sharing their content (many watch their mentions like a hawk), interacting with them on social media, and making valuable and personal comments on their blog. Once you’ve established a few connections with them, you’re ready to start asking them to share your own material. Send them a personal email telling them how much you enjoy reading what they write about and ask them to share your content that you feel would be valuable to their readership.
Then continue to build your relationship offline. Have a Jill from Jill’s Office follow up with a personal phone call, making sure they received your email and asking again if they’d be willing to share your article.
- Guest Blog Writing – Writing an article for a blog much bigger than your own is an excellent way to increase your traffic. You can include a bio that links back to your own blog. Your article, name, and website can instantly be seen by hundreds and thousands of subscribers. After you send an email asking to be a guest writer, have a Jill from Jill’s Office call and follow up about including your article on their blog.
- Quality Backlinks to your Website – Having backlinks is essential to good SEO for your blog. Email other bloggers about a topic they have written on and let them know you’ve published something on that topic that would be a great resource to their readers. Ask them to link to your website and have a Jill from Jill’s Office follow up with a phone call to make sure you get the link.
- Feature other bloggers – Regularly mention and link to other bloggers in your articles. Email them to let them know about your article and ask them to share it. Let a Jill from Jill’s Office follow up with a phone call to add that personal touch and make sure they received and read your email. This can result in hundreds of shares per article.
- Do a “shout-out” exchange with other bloggers. Send an email and have a Jill from Jill’s Office follow up with a phone call about asking other bloggers to mention you on their blog in exchange for you mentioning them on yours.
- Invite others to guest post on your blog – Invite others to write an article to post on your blog. Send out an email and then have a Jill from Jill’s Office call and follow up to get more articles and traffic to your blog.
- Send a voicemail drop – Jill’s Office new cutting edge ringless voicemail drop service allows you to send a personal voicemail directly to several bloggers at one time – asking them to link to your article or inquiring if you can write a guest post on their blog. Or send a voicemail drop to your readers to add that personal touch and make them feel like a valued follower. Let me know about an article you just posted that you think they’d especially enjoy.
- Get testimonials for your blog – Build credibility for your blog by having Jill’s Office call your loyal readers and ask for a testimonial to include on your blog.
Many of these services are dependent on getting the phone numbers of your blogging contacts. I asked Jill’s Office how it is possible to get the phone numbers of other bloggers.
Pitfalls to Avoid When Hiring a Virtual Assistant
What Is Jill’s Office?
Jill’s Office is a personal-assistant firm that hires and trains local professional assistants to work for your small business.
Jill’s Office utilizes proprietary software that let’s a “Jill” be your full-time Smart Assistant™ so you don’t have to worry about employees.
It’s hard to go wrong for $5.00. Why is it so affordable?
According to Jill’s,
Combine the personal touch of having a personal assistant, the hassle-free benefits of a call answering service, and the affordability of local virtual assistants. Our pricing model is revolutionary because it provides high-level personal assistance at unheard of pricing, through cost‐sharing. What Jill Can Do For You Make you look professional, answer calls, schedule appointments, send estimates and invoices, follow up on estimates, and much more. Why get your SMART Assistant Today? As soon as you get your new smart assistant you are able to spend less time working for your business and more time working on your business.
Testimonials about the Value of Jill’s Office
- According to Newswire.net — Jill’s Office combines the personal touch of an in-house administrator, the hassle-free benefits of a call answering service, and the affordability of the offshore outsource market into a single, value-conscious service. For a basic monthly fee of $5, subscribers to Jill’s Office Smart Assistant™ program are granted access to a full, professional-grade customer communications program that is easily tailored to the specific needs of your clientele.
One of the toughest challenges that entrepreneurs face in today’s market is having employees. Employees are critical components to business growth, and capitalizing on payroll should be like capitalizing on any other investment. Keeping an office focused on key objectives and development initiatives requires efficient management of back-end tasks. Put simply, a good assistant is invaluable for workers whose time is best spent discovering new and innovative ways to expand the horizons of your company. Jill’s Office wants to help entrepreneurs, and solo-preneurs, to spend more time living those “A-Ha!” moments. From design to development, Monday meetings to marketing plans, your best ideas always happen when you’re working on your company, not just inside of it. Jill’s Office Smart Assistant™ services include, live customer service, voice messaging, creating sales invoices, scheduling meetings, and returning calls on your behalf. When these basic tasks are taken care of outside of the office, it’s easier to focus on big-picture developments in-house.
- According to a representative of Jill’s,
Considering the depth of the administrative toolbox presented by Jill’s Office, the pricing model is nothing short of revolutionary. Putting your business’ best foot forward has never been so affordable and stress-free. Once assigned a Jill’s Office phone number, our SAS (Subscription as a Service) model only charges you for the services you use, each at only a minimal cost. From APP based customer interfacing (iOS, Android), to live calling, Jill’s Office seeks to maximize the efficacy of each communication made. Whether your customers prefer text, voicemail or email, we’ll help you to stay connected in the ways they find most convenient. However large your business may grow to be, we believe that smaller gestures are often the most important for making your customers feel appreciated.
Jill’s Office ensures professional back-end relationships with your customers, empowering you to keep finding the new customer relationships that will help your business flourish. Our mobile and web-based Smart Assistant™ user interfaces make it easy to build, review and update the message and character of each aspect of your customer communication programming.
- I was also a client of Jill’s, an extremely satisfied one, I might add. When I needed Jill to contact my blog coaching clients, they called them seemingly within hours.
How Jill’s Office Works
You download an app from the App Store and communicate with Jill’s through the app.
Who is Jill, Really?
About Jill’s Office
Jill’s Office is a Utah-based company that is revolutionizing the virtual assistant marketplace. According to Jill’s, “We are constantly looking for new ways to provide business owners more, and better, administrative virtual tools that save money, and more importantly, time.”
What You Get for $5.00
- The $5.00 a month comes with a Jill’s Office phone number. It is a fee to hold your line or profile, all of your information, and contacts that are associated with your account. The Jill’s Office number is a number that you can market as your own new company phone number too.
- Afterward, they send your customers a satisfaction survey.
- They send you the results, so you can improve your service.
- They ask for referrals.
- They share the results across social media which promote your service and gives you a social media presence.
No contract! You pay month to month. Use them at busier times.
- Call the phone number you are given when you sign up.
- Get your phone to forward the calls to that number if you like.
- They will call people and give them your messages.
- They will follow up; were your clients happy? Is there anything else they can do for them? They make the calls.
- Action items: On the Jill’s Office App, you will get a message telling you what the customer wanted. If you would prefer to Email your Jill, instead of communicating through the app, you can. I did.
How to Sign Up for Jill’s Office
You can sign up by clicking my affiliate link. I am such a happy client, I became an affiliate of Jill’s. You can also have your very own Jill by clicking the affiliate link in my right sidebar.
You have to invest either time or money in your blog. Invest the money, and let Jill’s take care of the time.
Besides the low cost, another benefit of using Jill’s is you will never have trouble remembering the name of your Virtual Assistant; they are all named Jill!
Readers, please share, so other bloggers know about how they could get extra help for practically pennies.
What do you think? Would you consider a VA? If so, I am an affiliate of Jill’s Office. Please click my link http://jillsoffice.com/janice-wald/. Are you already using a VA? What is your experience? I look forward to your views.